Deploying a simple game structure, Terms and Conditions Apply invites both spectators and performers to blur the lines between play and performance. In this dance work, Aseng Borang investigates how behaviors embody and resist a constructed culture, putting the viewing bodies and performing bodies into constantly changing and flowing conflicts.
Imagine an enclosed space in which there are codes of behavior and conduct. What starts to occur when some bodies start to defy the rules of a codified space? And what happens when some bodies do not wish to defy the rules? Does anybody ever just “witness”? Does the act of witnessing translate into another act of obedience? What motivates people to obey or disobey?
A dance practitioner, choreographer, and dance writer from India. Her practice incorporates objects, landscape, performative text, Yoga, Pole Dance, and contemporary movement techniques. Her embodied practice is informed by the ongoing presence of politics surrounding her racialized female body. Her works investigate the physical and the subjective body within the constellation of resistance, vulnerability, violence, and anarchy. The creation of codified spaces, in which the objective bodies perform, view, and experience the space as an alternate reality, is a choreographic pursuit in her practice.
The practice of Aseng is multi-disciplinary and collaborative in nature, and it questions the politics and absurdity of our realities. She wishes to challenge: the popular notions of meaning makings in/of "dance" and cinema; the hegemonic structures present in the systems of dance; what is performance in the current times; and how is performance being read today. Aseng has completed her Master's degree in Performance Practice (Dance) from Ambedkar University Delhi. In November 2021, she founded STUDIO YINGKO in her hometown of Roing, Arunachal Pradesh. This organization endeavors to include the local communities in the process of movement-making and dance-making.
Performers: Manju Sharma, Jasmine Yadav, Dennis Barwa, Aseng Borang
Presenter: Taipei Performing Arts Center
In Partnership with CN D
Supported by CHANEL
Know more about TPAC member: https://lihi2.cc/VXTPV
2023.9.15(Fri.)12:00──9.22(Fri.)12:00 Member pre-sale
- TPAC member──Addict Player: 25% off
- TPAC member──Trooper Player: Single ticket 15% off, 4 or more tickets 20% off, 10 or more tickets 25% off
2023.9.22 (Fri.) 12:00 Official launch of sales Member Offers
- TPAC Member - Addict Player: 15% off
- TPAC Member - Trooper Player: Single ticket 15% off, 4 or more tickets 25% off, 10 or more tickets 30% off
- TPAC Member -Rookie Player: 10% off
Register for free on the TPAC official website to enjoy ticket purchasing discounts
【Campers Early Bird Special】
Register or log in on the Taipei Performing Arts Center official website, go to "Member Area ➠ Coupons," enter the discount code "CAMPERS" to redeem two 15% off coupons for camping asia programs and one 15% off membership fee coupon. After redemption, you can directly proceed to seat selection and ticket purchase on "OPENTIX" or purchase a paid membership plan on the TPAC website.
Redemption period: From 9/22 to 10/22.
* Eslite Members: 8% off ticket purchase.
* Cardholders of Taishin Bank, Cathay United Bank, E. Sun Bank, and Taipei Fubon Bank: 8% off ticket purchase.
【Group Ticket Discounts】
* 20 or more tickets in a single order: 20% off.
* 50 or more tickets in a single order: 25% off.
* 100 or more tickets in a single order: 30% off.
* Disabled individuals and their necessary companions (limited to 1 person) enjoy 50% off (please present disability certificate at entry).
* Senior citizens aged 65 and above enjoy 50% off (please present valid identification at entry).
※ The organizer reserves the right to change the program and interpret the discounts.